Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super cooking for the Super Bowl


I love cooking. I love cooking almost as much as I love eating :). And I love to cook the most when I can do it alone and uninterrupted, like now, while the kids are napping.

We're going over to Sarah and Bryan's house to watch the game, and since Loren and Bryan will both be rooting for the Steelers, we have game compatibility, which is important ;).

The menu?
Homemade hummus (recipe from Mazza, our amazing local Middle-Eastern restaurant) with pita and carrots
Chile verde with tortillas, sour cream, and cheese
Lemon Raspberry Torte (actually a lighter recipe from Prevention magazine)
Red Velvet Cupcakes (from this month's Runner's World magazine)

Plus drinks and chips, courtesy of Sarah and Bryan, who are also providing their HDTV and house that is perfect for entertaining.

So, my kitchen got a little messy, but it's been fun, and all that's left is to frost the cupcakes and then we're ready to roll.

No comments: