Wednesday, February 04, 2009

a little PT; Nashville here I come!

This morning I racewalked 1.81 miles in 19:00 to warm up for my weight training class. I was fast this morning! My average HR was only 138 but I was doing 10:30 miles. I think the speed work from yesterday helped. If I can get my weight down a little and if my IT band continues to improve, I could have a great season :).

Then I did my weight training - well, PT. I am spending the bulk of my 50 minute weight training classes doing my PT exercises for my IT band. I did squeeze in a few incline bench presses (3x12 @ 65 lbs) and 3x12 push-ups on the exercise ball, plus a whole lot of abs for good measure.

***

Guess what? I am going to Nashville with Team in Training! Our run coach for the team can't go because of a business trip, so they are sending me instead. Yay! I love working with the team members and they have been training so hard for the Country Music Marathon on April 25th. I'm excited that I will get to go with them. Best of all, my mom and dad (who should be sainted for putting up with my whining and moodiness as a teenager) are coming to help Loren with the kids, and they'll stay a few extra days on each end so I get to visit w/them too :).

1 comment:

Elizabeth Richardson said...

Tammy, I know you'll be busy with TNT, but let's DO plan on meeting. I'll be in Nashville to do the half!