Monday, February 09, 2009

Day 14: 40 days 'til 39

Wow, we are only on day 14. It seems like we've been doing this a long time, but it's fun.

Today we're listing 40 things we are thankful for.

1. Good health.
2. That my IT band injury is 90% better.
3. My parents, who put up with a lot of stuff.
4. My children - especially since at one point I wasn't sure I'd be able to have any.
5. My husband, who also puts up with a lot of stuff (and vice versa :)!).
6. Good friends in many places.
7. That I have enough to eat and don't worry where my next meal is coming from.
8. Loren's job. This one I am especially thankful for!!!
9. Our home.
10. My Steinway piano.
11. Music.
12. The gift of being able to play music.
13. Racewalking.
14. My piano students.
15. Team in Training and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
16. How cute Calvin is when he's playing quietly in his room, like now.
17. The funny things my children say.
18. My Garmin.
19. Cooking, specifically baking.
20. Our church community.
21. Weight Watchers.
22. Our treadmill.
23. Beautiful parks in our community for the kids to play in and for me to racewalk in.
24. Spring flowers (they are just around the corner... I feel it coming...).
25. Season tickets to the Utah Symphony.
26. Reliable transportation.
27. Our jetted tub.
28. Playgroups.
29. Babysitters and pajama nights.
30. A zoo membership.
31. Tired muscles (it means I had a good workout this morning!).
32. The Psalms.
33. Fleece sheets and an electric blanket.
34. Hot tea (OK, can you tell I'm cold right now?!?).
35. Chocolate.
36. Ice cream.
37. Rosebushes in our front yard.
38. My laptop.
39. Cameras and pictures and scrapbooks.
40. The grace of God, without which all else is meaningless.

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Amen! I will have many of the same things on my list.

Anonymous said...

I love this list. I think it's so cool that you're doing all these fun things before you turn 39. I will have to come up with something fun to do next year. :)