Thursday, February 26, 2009

workout update

Wednesday: Easy RW warm-up for weight training, then PT and abs, some push-ups, and calf raises.

Thursday: Bought a new pair of Nike Marathon shoes at the TNT shoe clinic last night, because I had one a couple years ago and loved them, and they were 30% off. I tried them out on the treadmill this morning for my hard lactate threshold workout. DUH! Never try a new pair of shoes on a hard workout. Should have used them for an easy one first. Anyway, I had pain in the IT band about mile 4 and switched shoes. Much better. I ended up returning the shoes, because apparently right now they are not going to work for me. I digress - back to the workout. I did a warm up and then 3 miles at HR ~ 162ish (lactate threshold), which was 6.3 mph down to 6.0 mph - this was TOUGH but I did it. Then 3' recovery at 3.0 mph. Then I did 2 miles at lactate threshold HR, 6.0 mph (interrupted frequently to change shoes, stretch etc. because of IT band pain). Then 2' recovery. Then 1 mile at lactate threshold HR, 6.0 mph. Then a cool down. My IT band felt better after changing shoes and didn't really hurt persay after that. However, it's been a bit sensitive all day and I've iced it 3x now. I hope if I take it easy tomorrow that I will be ready to do some long miles w/the team Saturday. Based on past experience, I think I will be OK if I take it at a slow pace Saturday.

***

food update: still having a good week :) and happy about it :) :) :)!

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Sorry the shoes didn't work out. That is never fun, to buy something new and be disappointed by it. Glad your workout went OK.