Saturday, February 21, 2009

TNT Saturday

Good weather today! Yay! It was 28F and clear and still when we started walking/running this morning. I went out w/the faster runners, who were doing a very manageable 10-10:30 pace up a gentle hill at the start.

The route wasn't great this morning. Bummer, since I picked it (with the help of a runner on the team who lives on the route & loves it... so maybe other people liked it even if I didn't?). Too much traffic, boring cityscape, and just generally not that interesting. Oh well. Live and learn.

The spring team did 10 miles (full and half the same), and the summer team did 4 or 5 miles, depending on what race they are signed up for. Everyone seemed to be doing really well, even the new people on the summer team. They were all jazzed to be out there on a nice morning.

I did throw in my 3 running stints for my IT band PT. My IT band felt pretty good for most of the time, and got a little tight at the end, but no pain. Whew. I did a total of 11.59 miles, in 2:18, for just under a 12:00/mile pace on average. Ave heart rate was 132, which is probably about right or even a little high for the speed I was going. I felt good, though. I got a decent workout and touched base with everyone. It is SO nice to be out there and better from my injury. I'm very thankful for that!!!!!

No comments: