Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 26: 40 days 'til 39

We had to change our schedule around a bit - originally we had planned a massage for today, but then I had some friends come in from out of town so we changed things up. I invited Sarah to come to the symphony with me tonight instead, but she can't because of being on call, so I am taking the daughter of our friends from out of town with me instead, and Sarah is going to listen to recordings of what they are playing tonight.

I am SO excited about this concert - it's Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1, which I adore even if it IS an old warhorse, and Brahms Symphony #1. I have already mentioned in my blog that Brahms is my favorite composer, and his first symphony is truly marvelous. It took something like 20 years before he felt he had a symphony worthy of publishing (that's off the top of my head), because he was so meticulous and had such high standards of craftsmanship for his work. Anyway, it's an amazing piece, and I'm so glad I get to hear both of these pieces live. I've been looking forward to this concert for a long time!

If I remember, I will post more about it after I attend, maybe tomorrow. It's pretty busy with our friends here but I'll try to find some time.

No comments: