Sunday, February 15, 2009

A couple workouts

This morning: was going to do an easy 30' or so, but after I'd done about 20 minutes, I was a bit bored with a steady 5.5 mph, so I threw in a few fast intervals. I did 7 fast minutes alternating with 7 recovery minutes (pretty slow - about 4 mph each). The first four were at 6 mph, then one at 6.7 mph, one at 7 mph, and one at 7.3 mph. I know, I was risking IT band pain, but I figured that the one minute intervals were short enough to avoid it, and guess what? No pain :). And best yet, 7.3 mph is pretty fast ... an 8:13 minute mile :). OK, it was only for one minute, but not bad all the same. Oh, and all this at a 0.5% incline. Then I cooled down for a while. Total: 4.27 miles in 47:30 or so.

***

This afternoon: I went up to the spa at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird with Sarah (see next post for additional details) and did a bunch of PT exercises for my IT band, racewalked 1 mile on the treadmill (with an awesome view!), did a 2 minute plank (!), one minute side planks on each side, 25 ball sit-ups, lat pull-downs, push-ups on the exercise ball, and some seated rows.

No comments: