Sunday, February 22, 2009

long day

Today was MY long day (vs. the TNT long day - not the same thing! I can't use the TNT long days as my own training since I start & stop a lot and go at random paces. It's still a good workout, just not really training). My long day was shorter this weekend, but next weekend it will be longer. Most training schedules for 1/2 and full marathons alternate longer and shorter walks/runs on alternating weekends, and the one I modified from the Nike Women's Marathon website is no exception. So, only 8 miles today. I decided I'd do it on the faster side since it was a shorter long day. I ended up doing 8.2 miles in just under 1:27 for about 10:40-something per mile (I did put it in my spreadsheet but too lazy to look right now). Anyway, it was a good pace, and my ave HR was 141. I felt pretty good, especially considering that I did just under 12 miles yesterday. My IT band got very tight a few times but stretching en route kept any pain away.

I'm going to take it pretty easy tomorrow. Will do my PT but probably not too much else; maybe a little stationary biking.

No comments: