Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rest day, easy day

Yesterday I rested from exercise. I did a few PT exercises at home, and that was it. I skipped weight training and read some Psalms and a book instead of going. I really felt I needed to rest my leg and my whole body for that matter. After 20 miles over the weekend, I wanted to be sure I hadn't overtaxed anything. It felt great to rest, and I even managed to only eat 19 points all day.

***

Speaking of points, I had a crappy week last week. Yeah, I probably gained back the 2 lb I lost the previous week. Oh well. I learned some things in the process. One is: Peanut butter MnMs are like crack to me. Seriously, I cannot have them around or I will consume them. I have NO willpower over them. I took some to the injury prevention clinic because our speaker let on that he liked them. I overbought, and he did take some home with him for himself and his kids, but I got stuck w/the rest. Not good. I ate like 8 oz of them in the car on the way home. Uh, oops. That was like 30 points. Next time - I WILL THROW THEM OUT rather than taking them. It's hard for me to toss food, but better in the trash than on my hips.

I learned some other stuff too, but I won't bore you with it - mostly it involves being too busy, not sleeping enough, and getting grumpy and self-medicating with food. Just don't go there, OK? This week is starting off MUCH better and I am really motivated by my racewalking goals, so hopefully I'll have a good week.

***

Today - an easy day of racewalking was on the schedule. Usually Tuesdays are speed work, but the schedule I downloaded takes it a little easier this week as a recovery week before the last push before the race. I was to do 6 miles easy, but didn't wake up early enough, so I did 1 hr easy, or 5.55 miles; 10:49 per mile. It felt great, which was a relief. I was a bit concerned about my IT band, but no problems.

The weather was SO NICE this morning! It was seriously like April weather. Temperature was 42F (5.6C) and gloriously clear. It's getting lighter in the morning, so it wasn't even pitch black the whole time I was out. I went around Sugar House Park as part of my route - it's really my favorite park because of the mountain views and the rolling hills to give a little challenge. I felt so glad to be out there and so grateful for the ability to racewalk without pain.

No comments: