Friday, February 20, 2009

Oat & Apricot Breakfast Bars

I got this recipe from WW online and I love it! I made it for our mom's group at church this morning, and the kids liked it a lot. Except for my son, who ate one bite and turned up his nose. Go figure!

Servings: 8
Points: 3

1 c whole-grain wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c uncooked quick oats
15 pieces dried apricot halves, diced
2 T sunflower seeds
1 T reduced calorie margarine, melted
1/2 c fat-free egg substitute (can use 2 eggs instead)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan w/cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, oats, apricots, and sunflower seeds. Whisk together margarine and egg substitute. Quickly mix together wet & dry ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top (I pressed it down with moistened hands). Bake until firm, about 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into 8 rectangles. Yields 1 bar per serving.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The mamas liked them a lot too:) Mmm mmm. I was so happy to find one in my bag this afternoon, I must have had my hands full this morning and stowed it away for later! I look forward to making them soon so thanks for the recipe. Jen