Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Days 7 + 8: 40 days 'til 39


Day 7: We started to read the book "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou. It was published in 1969, the year of Sarah's birth, so it was a natural choice. I read about 4-5 chapters but didn't have time for more. It's definitely going to be interesting - glimpses of a world (the segregated South) that I am too ignorant of.

Day 8: Today we are writing a real snail mail letter to someone to tell them how much we appreciate them. I really wanted to write to my dad, because as a parent myself now, I know how nice it is to actually BE appreciated by your kids. Plus, since this is for my birthday, it's particularly important to remember that I wouldn't be here or be who I am without both of my parents. Thank you, Mom & Dad.

No comments: