Saturday, January 31, 2009

only a few miles w/the team


Here's a photo of some of the TNT runners: Denise, Mandy, Starr, Darlene, Kevan, & Emily.

This morning was our usual Saturday TNT workout. I only had time to do a few miles w/the team, because I had to be in Ogden(almost an hour drive from where our workout was) at 10 am for a TNT information meeting, recruiting for the summer marathons.

I walked a total of 10K (6.2 miles) in 1:07. I was working pretty hard most of the time, so not sure why my time was so slow - should have been more like 1:03 for how hard I was pushing to stay with the runners (who were doing ~10 min miles). I think I might have stopped to talk to people a few times w/o pausing my Garmin, and I turned of the autopause feature for snowshoeing on Friday, so I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

It was a great workout because I went pretty fast for most of it, and got to connect with some runners I don't normally talk to as much. I did miss talking a lot w/the walkers (I talked to them, but not as much as usual). I was trying to hit all the groups and ended up running out of time to talk w/everyone before heading up to Ogden. Hopefully Te Koi (the other coach) had time to talk a lot w/everyone and make sure they were all OK. The full marathoners did 14 miles this morning, and I feel bad that I couldn't be there for all of them to finish.

Oh, some bad news. My friend Diane (who is also a TNT coach and has coached for 10 years) fell this morning on some ice and got hurt pretty badly. She may have broken her patella - she had it x-rayed and it looked suspicious, so they're having a radiologist read it more carefully on Monday. I hope it's not a bad break because she wants to do the Canyonlands 1/2 with us on 3/21. Plus, she takes care of her dad (age 96) and it will be hard for her to do that with her knee injured like that. I'm going to check in w/her tomorrow and see if there is anything I can help her with.

The good news is that my IT band was pain-free :) and didn't even get tight! Yay! I feel so fortunate to be recovering, especially after what happened to Diane.

No comments: