Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Booted from PT!!!!!!

I graduated today. My physical therapist booted me out the door and said I was good enough that I don't have to see him any more on a regular basis. Of course, if I have some problem that crops up I'm welcome to shoot him an e-mail or make an appointment. But I hope I won't need it.

I did 41 miles since my last visit with him until today, and I had no pain. That's good!!! He gave me some instructions on how to add in a little running, since I want to be able to run with the summer team, and he also told me to keep up the full complement of PT exercises for 3 more weeks. Then I can wean off of them gradually, but leave at least 2 in my regular weight training rotation forever (rotate through the different ones). He tested my strength and was quite pleased with the improvements in my hip strength after doing the exercises for 5 weeks.

Oh, and cool guy that he is, he thought he might like to give an injury prevention clinic to the TNT fall team if I need it. Very good! He's a trail runner and marathoner himself. I have a PT guy who is giving the summer team clinic, but it will be good to have another PT I can call.

***

Workout today: biking for 10 minutes, then weight training, mostly my PT stuff, plus abs, push-ups on the ball, bicep curls. Later I went to PT and did some more hip stuff and did 15 min on the elliptical. No racewalking today - took the day off.

No comments: