Friday, February 13, 2009

Today's workout, other news

This morning it was cold out but I felt like a little racewalking before my weight training class. I just did a little warm-up, 1.52 miles in 16:24, for 10:48/mile. Then I did my PT and a few tricep pull-downs and some leg extensions, then some abs. There is no class on Monday for President's Day so I'll have to get creative w/the PT, since I won't have the usual machines.

***

Tomorrow the team is going to do 16 or 14 miles for full marathoners (SLC and Nashville marathons diverge schedule because their races are a week apart in April), and the half marathoners are doing 7. The new summer team is going to do 3 miles. I'm excited for the new team members, but a little apprehensive that the predicted snow (2-9 inches forecast for tonight & tomorrow) will drive people off. Hopefully people will come anyway, because they really need to be building up the miles to be ready for their events, which are only 2 months away now!

***

In other news, I have been eating really carefully this week, and it feels good. The scale had BETTER move this week, though I suspect the movement will be slight, as my metabolism definitely seems to have changed, for whatever reason. Doesn't matter, I'm not going to make excuses or whine. It is the way it is, and I have to do what I have to do to deal with it. I want to be thin and fit, and if that means eating like a bird, I'll do it. I weigh in on Monday night, so we'll see what happens. I have a bunch of lbs to take off before August when I do Portland-to-Coast and October when I do the Portland Marathon. I do have the Canyonlands Half Marathon in March, but probably won't be able to take off more than 3-4 lbs before then. Still, every little bit helps.

No comments: