Saturday, February 28, 2009

16.2 with the team

This morning we had our TNT workout. The spring team is getting closer to their race, and so they did 18 miles (SLC marathon) and 16 miles (Nashville marathon) and 8 miles (SLC & Nashville half marathons). The summer team joined us for 7 miles (San Diego full marathon), 5 miles (Seattle full marathon), and 4 miles (SD and Seattle half marathon). We had a really hilly route, and it was a fun challenge. I think most of the team enjoyed pushing themselves; the attendance was down due to the rummage sale the spring team hosted, but those who were there seemed to have a good time. It's so fun seeing them accomplish new things - one woman did her first 5-miler today, and another her first 16-miler. Awesome! Another woman on the team is recovering from an injury, and was able to do 16 miles today as well - really terrific news for her.

I did 16.2 myself with all the various team members - it was great to touch base w/so many of them and get to know them better. I always really enjoy the team workouts and today was especially nice because of the good weather and the fun people who showed for the workout.

Total time: 3:10:54, and ave speed 11:46/mile - not bad, considering that I did walk fairly slowly for a time w/some of the walkers. I did get in 2 really fast miles in between team members who were spread out, which was great - I did them under 10:15/mile (between 10:15 and 9:30), perfect training for my 1/2 marathon. I was hoping for 14 miles w/3 miles at 1/2 marathon pace sometime this weekend, and this was pretty close to that. I'll take it :).

The best part? NO IT BAND PAIN! YAY! I did a lot of miles, and some fast miles, and had no trouble. Definitely a great thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No pain after that crazy amount of distance?! That's awesome!