Monday, March 02, 2009

Day 34: 40 days 'til 39

We did this yesterday but I didn't post about it until today. We decided to watch a movie from 1969, the year of Sarah's birth. We picked "Oliver!", which won Best Picture in 1969 (so, OK, it was made in 1968, but whatever). It was a bit longer than we expected, at 2 hr 25 min, which did cause a little stress, as my kids woke up from nap early, and Sarah was a bit worried about Bryan having the kids too much while she was gone.

Still, we did enjoy the movie, and I recognized a lot of the songs (it's a musical, based on Dickens' Oliver Twist). I thought it was pretty engaging, though it could have been a bit shorter. Michelle sat on my lap for part of the movie and was mesmerized by the music :).

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

I like your movie poster better than the one I found. :-)