Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weights on Wednesday

Today I had my weight training class. I got there on time but got started late because I was talking to our instructor, who will be out of work as of June :(. The weight training class is a part-time gig he's done for several years now, but his full-time job is ending in June. He's a great instructor and I hope he can find a job. He's looking for anything physical-fitness related - strength training coach, cardiac rehab, etc. He's really good at what he does, so if you know someone who has an opening (local preferred but anything will do), please comment and let me know.

After talking w/him a while I warmed up on the bike and then did some pull-ups. I actually managed to do 1.5 pull-ups! I am not sure they "count" because I used a sideways grip. But I'm getting stronger I think...maybe. I did a bunch of reps w/a 50 lb assist, and I'm able to do more than I have been able to in the past, so that's good. Today I did 8, 8 and 7 (previously I could only do 3x6). I also did abductor and adductor exercises, bench press w/dumbbells, one-legged dead lifts, and a bunch of abs. Short but good workout.

At home I did 20 min on the treadmill. We moved our treadmill and it was a bit too much on the slope in our not-so-level basement; I moved it a bit but it still felt slightly uphill to me. My foot started to ache about 15 min into the workout :( but hoping it's not a big deal. The rest of the day it's felt fine.

No comments: