Friday, February 26, 2010

Days 29-31: 40 days 'til 40

Day 29 - another day of good plans gone bad...was going to play with the kids with some "Goop" but just didn't have a spare minute. Oh well; not going to beat myself up over it. Sometimes things just don't happen.

Day 30 - we wrote a card/note and sent it snail mail to someone. Just in case that someone is reading this blog, I'm not saying who I sent it to :).

Day 31 - ahhhhh, the Cliff Spa. One of our favorites from last year. We began with a good workout; Sarah opted for 20 min weights and 40 min treadmill. I chose 30 min elliptical, then 20 min racewalking on the treadmill (max allowed today) and then another 10 min elliptical. My racewalking was super slow due to the altitude and also due to my lack of racewalking fitness at the moment. I had to slow the treadmill down to 4.9 mph ... really pathetic! But it was fun to racewalk anyway.

After that we stretched out really well and then put on our swimsuits. We took a dip in the pool; I did a few laps but it was HOT for lap swimming - maybe 90? - and so we didn't stay in too long. Next we hit the hot tub for probably 30 min or so (don't know; wasn't wearing a watch! yay!). The pool and hot tub are on the roof, open to the (cold!) air, with spectacular views.

Next we each got a lengthy hot shower. We were hungry, so we headed down to the snack bar for a bowl of veggie chili & banana (me) or an apple (Sarah). Finally, we relaxed by taking 30 min to read in the solarium. We wished we had more time, but alas, we had to head back to relieve the babysitter. It was a wonderful afternoon. More photos here.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Nice photo. :)