Monday, February 01, 2010

and now for something different

I stayed up too late last night, so I decided to only go to weight training and skip the cardio beforehand. I figured I'd just do some circuit training type stuff to get my HR up a bit, and that worked out great. I biked 8 min to warm up, and then did 3 rounds of: walking lunges (with 40 lb), assisted pull-ups (60 lb of help), dead lifts (100 lb), upright rows (40 lb), pulley ab- and adductors (45 lb each), and cable crossovers (30 lb). In between each set I either racewalked or biked for 1-2 min. Then we did a hard set of abs, including ball crunches, roll-outs, ball passes, and 90 sec plank to finish. Felt great, and I wasn't bored. AND, my HR stayed in the 130s for most of it except the abs and stretching.

Can't swim tomorrow because of a dentist appt, so I figure it's the bike & elliptical.

No comments: