Saturday, February 06, 2010

Friday & Saturday workouts

Friday - could not resist 1 mile on the treadmill to celebrate 5 years of my new lifestyle. I did it at 5.5 mph, and my foot felt fine. Later in the day it might have been a little bit achy - or was that just paranoia? After the 1 mile on the treadmill, I joined a friend who was doing stationary bike. Then another friend showed up and I somehow managed to do 55 min on the stationary bike w/o going crazy. Nice to have people to chat with.

Today - the video bikes are broken but are supposed to be fixed soon. I couldn't stomach the regular bike w/o friends, so I decided to skip my WW meeting and go to a spinning class instead. It was a 1 hr 20 min class, but the instructor started a bit late and ended a bit early, so I really only got 1 hr 5 min of decent cardio; still, that was enough. I paced myself better for this spinning class then for the last ones I took a year ago (I think...was that a year ago? Or 2?) and so I wasn't dying but got a great workout. The instructor was a bit lacking in enthusiasm, but it was still way better than cycling alone, at least today.

Let me back up to last night. We were at my parents' house for dinner, and after dinner, Calvin and Michelle were tussling in the living room. Somehow, Calvin landed on his ear on a heavy wooden planter. At the top of his ear, it was literally ripped. It was nasty looking, and I felt SO bad for him. I do not handle my children's injuries well. Anyway, Loren took a look at it and said it most likely needed suturing, so off we went to the urgent care. Loren did drop Michelle and me at home first, thankfully.

But I was very upset, and made the mistake of drowning my sorrows in food. See, even 5 years out, I can still revert to old habits. Of course it made me feel better temporarily, but then I regretted the overeating intensely. The night eating has been better for a few weeks, but then this week it's tanked again. Anyway, I do have the perspective that that is NOT my lifestyle any more, and for that I'm thankful. I'm starting over today with renewed determination to continue my work on the night eating.

So when I woke up this morning, I was NOT in a good mood. In fact, I felt really crappy. Hence, the decision to go to the spinning class. I felt like I needed someone to kick my sorry butt in gear and get me going, and even though the instructor was a bit underenthusiastic, it was still helpful to be in a class setting. It was a good workout, and what do you know? I feel a lot better emotionally. Love those endorphins.

Now, off to have a good week!!!!!

No comments: