Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 32: 40 days 'til 40


Today we took the kids to McDonald's to play in the Playplace. This was fun for 2 reasons: 1) the kids amused themselves there for an hour and a half with minimal intervention from us, and 2) we got to sit and chat and enjoyed some serious unwinding while hanging out. Very nice. More pics here.

Also nice was the WEATHER today! I racewalked outside for 20 min around 10:45 am and it was delightful. 48 degrees and sunny. I wished I could racewalk more than 20 min, but I was good and didn't do more than that. I did about 2 miles at a 10:37 pace, ave HR 145. OK, yeah, a little fast, but it was an easy-moderate pace and it was SO nice that I just couldn't go any slower :).

Because of the nice weather, I took the kids to the park before we met Sarah & the kids at McDonald's. Most excellent - they ran around for 30 min and I took pictures.

In more workout news, earlier this morning I did the video bike (about 25 min) and the elliptical (20 min) at the gym, before my Weight Watchers meeting. The meeting was good but very crowded and long weigh-in lines. I skipped the weigh in because of the lines and because I knew I was up a few lb anyway; as a Lifetime member I only have to weigh in once a month. I typically weigh in weekly to stay accountable; I will weigh in in 2 weeks when I go back (we'll be at Zermatt Resort next weekend). I feel very motivated right now by the warm weather and by my good news about my injury, so I should have a good food week :). Plus, Dorothy and I are going to show each other our journals in 2 weeks, so I have GOT to stay disciplined or face owning up to failure!!!

Hmmm, maybe I should post what I eat here? That might be too much work (and too boring for all of you). I'll do some but may not continue if it's too taxing!

Breakfast - 1/2c oatmeal prepared with water, 1 med apple (some sliced into oatmeal), 1/2 t brown sugar splenda, a few shakes cinnamon.

Lunch - McDonald's Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken and the light balsamic vinaigrette instead of ranch dressing.

Snack - Healthy Choice ice cream bar.

Will post more later... want to nap for 30 min, teach 2 piano lessons, then dinner and off to a concert. Utah Symphony - Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #3 :).

No comments: