Monday, February 22, 2010

improving?

I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe my foot is improving. Maybe. Hard to say. Yesterday afternoon, after RW outside Saturday & Sunday mornings (20 min each) it was slightly achy, but not bad. This morning I got up a bit late so just did the elliptical for 25 min and then weight training. Later in the afternoon I had time to hit the treadmill - just set up the kids in front of Cyberchase (on PBS) and I had 30 min to myself :). The treadmill is in the basement with our big TV, so the kids watched down there with me. I put on headphones and listened to music but was able to watch them while I did my workout. 22 minutes and 2 miles later, it was time to stop...sigh. Today was good, though - my foot was fine on our treadmill, probably because this time I moved it so it was actually FLAT instead of uphill. I was able to do 5.5 mph (10:54/mile) pretty well, though my HR got up to 150 at the end. Our treadmill seems to be a little off --- probably 5.5 mph is more like 5.6 or 5.7 on the road. Doesn't matter much though; I felt good, and the foot seems fine.

Tomorrow I need to give my foot a rest, so it'll be a swimming day.

No comments: