Tuesday, February 23, 2010

moving up in the world :)

Well, not really. I merely moved up a lane in swimming. There are 5 lanes in our workout, and I was in the slowest of the 5 (lane 1). I'm now in lane 2! Yay! Lane 1 was getting really crowded of late (7 people today!?!), and lane 2, not so much (3 people today, plus me). The coach asked me to move to the next lane! I guess I am getting a little better.

The down side of this was that I had to swim other strokes that I'm not as good at as freestyle. The up side is that I got to swim other strokes and start working on them.

Our workout was pretty interesting - warm-up with 300 free/200 back. Then we did some drills: 5x100 with 25 side kick R, 25 back R arm, 25 side kick L, 25 back L arm. Then we interspersed a bunch of 4x50s on the 1:05 with some other laps leading to a 200 IM. I am not sure of all the details but I think we did 4x50 fly/back (25 each, x4), 50 back; 4x50 back/free, 50 back 50 breast; 4x50 back/breast, 50 back 50 breast 50 free; 4x50 breast/free, 200 IM. Then 6x50 easy, but I only did one before heading to the locker room. That totals up to 2350 yds, of all different strokes. I didn't rest much :). And I still stink at butterfly. I can make it across the pool once but then I'm pretty much toast. The coach has promised that we will have a butterfly day soon...good, but a bit scary. I need the help, so I think it's a good thing, really.

***

I've been eating pretty crummy lately. Not sure what is up with that. I feel like I'm on the cusp of getting back to more racewalking, but I think that I'm still a bit down about how long this has been dogging me, and it's been hard to be motivated to eat well without the lure of a race on the horizon. Yeah, I'm probably going to do a 5-miler on 3/20, but I can't really train hard for it, so it's a bit demoralizing. Nonetheless, I have NOT given up and I know that I can get where I need to be again. It's just frustrating right now. I think I have to put more energy than usual into motivating myself to work out, and then I also have to put energy into eating right, working, watching the kids, etc. There's only so much energy to go around, and I'm low on energy. Oh well. I'm up a couple lbs, but as long as I snap out of this soon it's not the end of the world.

No comments: