Monday, February 08, 2010

Day 12: 40 days 'til 40



Yesterday was day 12 of our 40 days 'til 40. The goal for the day was to try some new-to-us mixed drinks. We were over at Sarah & Bryan's for the Superbowl, and while there, we tried two: Truffle Martinis and Cafe Romanos. A truffle martini is equal parts run, vodka, creme de cacao, and half and half. A Cafe Romano is equal parts Sambuca (anise liqueur), coffee liqueur, and half and half. We both really liked the Truffle Martini. However, I didn't know Sarah was not fond of anise, so though she tasted the Cafe Romano, it was not to her liking. I LOVED it though. Probably one of the better mixed drinks I've had (I rarely drink, so that's not saying much). Later that night I made one for Loren, too (he didn't come watch the Superbowl with us), and he thought it was great also.

Here are some more pics of our Superbowl fun (which included not very much game-watching and lots of drink-making, cookie-making, and eating - healthy veggie & bean chili made up for the cookies, a little!).

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

That was fun! I liked the cookies best, chili and drinks tied for second, and the game...well...I don't know, I didn't watch it. But the cookies - and time with you and kids - awesome!