Friday, February 12, 2010

Thursday & Friday workouts; foot news

Thursday: 6 people in our lane for swimming. Pretty crowded, but do-able. 500 free w/u, 300 pull, 6x50 alternating fast/easy, 200 pull, 4x50 fast/easy, 100 pull, 2x50 fast/easy, then 6x50 kick (on back) 25 and catch-up drill 25. A good hard workout, and I did a couple of the 50s in about 46-47 seconds. Not too bad.

***

Friday: 30 min elliptical followed by weight training; I did one-legged squats w/light weights, one-legged dead lifts, and some step-ups. Drat. Forgot to do some pull-ups. Also did an extra 10 min on the bike plus some abs.

***

Podiatrist news - put this on Facebook too, but essentially he "posted" my orthotics so they'd be stable side-to-side, and I'm now allowed to racewalk 20 minutes every other day. Then next week I can RW 20 min 5 times, then increase by 10% per week. I'm nervous that my foot will start to hurt. Well, I guess there is no way I can know until I try. If it hurts, we'll just have to go from there.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Nice swim workout. Take it easy on the comeback, ok? :-)

20 minutes does not mean 20 minutes at 5K race pace! :-)