Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 27: 40 days 'til 40




Today was one of our favorites from last year, and we enjoyed it just as much this year. We tasted gourmet dark chocolate! So much fun!

I got a couple of tips from a guy at Liberty Heights Fresh, where I bought the chocolate. 1) Use good quality apples in between to cleanse the palate, and 2) follow that with a little water. Good advice. We did that, and it worked quite well.

We tasted four chocolates, ranging from $6.99-$7.99 per bar; each bar was 2-3.5 oz. Yeah, they were expensive, but well worth it. We only ate just a little of each, letting them melt in our mouths and savoring each. I definitely liked these a lot, and felt like I would not overeat them. It just is something you have to savor in small amounts, believe it or not. Cheap chocolate is easy to overeat, but not this!!!

I'd describe these more, but it's late and I'm tired. I will post our rankings:

Sarah: 1) Rogue Chocolatier Rio Caribe, 2) Michel Cluizel Noir Cacao 72, 3) Sambirano Valley Madagascar Chocolate, 4) Amano Artisan Dos Rios.

Tammy: 1) Michel Cluizel Noir Cacao 72, 2) Rogue Chocolatier Rio Caribe, 3) Sambirano Valley Madagascar Chocolate, 4) Amano Artisan Dos Rios.

Now this makes it sound like we didn't like #4...but in reality, it was delicious. They were ALL very good, it's just that some were a little better. But I'd eat any of them again. This year's picks were better than last year's. I guess I'm learning something? Or maybe just got better advice this year. Regardless, it was fun!!!

No comments: