Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunday & Monday workouts

Here's what I did to make up for the chocolate cake!

Sunday: Biking with my friend Dorothy, outside! Yay! We biked on the Legacy Parkway Trail, which is quite nice and very flat. That's good in the winter, when going downhill is just COLD. We biked 15.32 miles in 1 hr 44 sec, by my Garmin. Great conversation (as usual) and a fabulous workout. Yes, my biking is pretty slow - but remember that I am riding a very HEAVY hybrid mountain/road bike with a rack and accessories. I may get a real bike someday...but meanwhile, well, it's a good workout, so who cares?

Monday: 4 sports in 1 day! Swim, racewalk, stationary bike, elliptical.

Swim: 500 meter w/u in about 10 min. Then I did 6x100 alternating 50 drill, 50 free. The drill was kick on side, 3 strokes, kick on other side. On the free, I worked on breathing on alternating sides and worked on my open turns. Finally, I did 2 x 50 hard on the 1:10 or so (did them in about 50s; slow today I guess) then 2 x 150 easy, medium, hard. Again, my hard laps were slow. Finally, cooled down with 3 laps easy, focusing on reaching as far as I could and breathing on alternating sides. 1650 yd total in 40 minutes.

Racewalk: 20 minutes easy, focusing on long stride length and slow cadence, as per doctor's orders to keep it easy and slow. I did 13 laps around the hockey rink, watching the hockey game and dodging some spectators, which was way more entertaining than the treadmill.

Stationary bike: 30 minutes easy while reading.

Elliptical: 30 minutes easy while reading (about 3.5 miles).

I did all of this from 9-11:15 am (took > 2 hr because had to change when I got out of the pool, and also there was time switching between apparatus) and regretted that I had not brought something to eat; about 10 min from finishing my body hit the wall a bit. I kept going but it hurt. I only ate a couple tangerines before working out and just spaced bringing some jelly beans or something. Haven't worked out that long in a while and just forgot! Duh!

When I got home I suggested to Loren that we go to Finn's for some brunch. So we did - and it was great to enjoy the time sans kiddos. I had 3 cups of coffee (great coffee, warm, rich, comforting), 2 waffles w/lingonberry jam, and a side of bacon. Great brunch :), good conversation. Ahhhhh.

No comments: