Saturday, February 27, 2010

Food for today...with points

OK, I am going to do this - it is making me think more about what I eat, which is good. But I'm going to include the points values too. And I'll put it in separate posts so if you're not interested you can just skip them.

Breakfast - 1/2c oatmeal prepared with water, 1 med apple (some sliced into oatmeal), 1/2 t brown sugar splenda, a few shakes cinnamon (4 points).

Lunch - McDonald's Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken and the light balsamic vinaigrette instead of ranch dressing (6 points).

Snack - Healthy Choice ice cream bar (1 point).

Dinner - Roast Chicken Dal (homemade - chicken w/lentils and tomatoes & spices, 1.5 cups, 7 points). Large green salad (spring mix) with grape tomatoes and light balsamic vinaigrette spray dressing (0 points).

Dessert - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich (2 points) with hot tea (0 points); planning on Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate + 2 marshmallows later on (after the symphony; 2 points).

Total: 22 points.

Activity: 8 points earned, spent 4 points.

Critique of the day - normally would have had a healthier snack (i.e. fruit); 2 ice creams in one day is more than I need but it did satisfy my sweet tooth :). The lunch could have been healthier, but given that we took the kids to McDonalds that was about as good as I could do w/o bringing my lunch there (which is what Sarah did and what I should have done). I normally eat more fruits and vegetables in a day than I did today. Still, I stayed well within my points and it was a good day.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I, for one, will be very happy to read your food posts! I love getting ideas, especially from people doing WW. I have ten pounds down, twenty to go! :) Jen

Nyle said...

Tammy I have to ask....How many points can you eat per day? My husband was following W/W and he lost 15kg.....and I did the maintenance program. He was allocated 33 points (but is now on 30) and I had 22 points. Some days I struggled to eat that much and other days I went way over. It was good to counter balance with exercise and I avg 4-6 points most days.
So I am really interested in your foody posts..lol

Tammy said...

Jenny - CONGRATS on losing 10 lb!!!! WOW that was fast! You are doing great :).

Nyle - I am trying to lose the 6 or so lb I put on since November; on weight loss these days I get about 18 pts/day plus I eat whatever activity points I earn >4 points (i.e. if I earn 6, I eat 2). I do use all my 35 weekly points allowance too. I used to get more points for weight loss but my metabolism has slowed (grrrr). I never have trouble eating all my points - I just have trouble stopping when it's time to stop!!!