Thursday, February 04, 2010

Thursday swim

I went to the master's swimming class today. As usual, it was good. I enjoy the workouts and the coaching, and it's not nearly so boring to swim with others, doing a programmed workout. One of the ladies in my lane today had a Swim MP3 player, and it was really neat - if I were going to swim a lot more, I'd have to get one :). She let me try it out, and it doesn't go over your ears; rather, it goes on your cheekbones/temples and transmits the sound through your bones to your inner ear. Pretty nifty.

First we warmed up with 300 free/200 choice. I think I did about 300 or 350 free before it was time to get going on the workout. Then we did 4 x (50 kick on back, 50 drill (3 strokes then 6 kick on side, repeat), 50 free). Next we did pull for a while: 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200. Finally, we did 4x25 breathing drill - first 25, we were allowed to breathe 6 times (not hard at all), and it decreased by one each time until the last one, where we were allowed to breathe only 3 times. I actually thought 4 was pretty reasonable, and the last one I only breathed 2 times and was quite proud of myself. The woman with the MP3 player only breathed once on the last 25, though, so I guess I have room to improve :).

Total only about 1900 yds. Funny, I thought it was more. Well, it was entertaining, so I'll take it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That mp3 player kinda reminds me of those toothbrushes that play music in your mouth. When it touches your teeth you can hear it not too badly. Kinda weird but neat. :0)

Good job on the swim!