Sunday, February 21, 2010

weekend workouts

Saturday: 20 min racewalking OUTSIDE :). It was fabulous to be out there again. I figured I might as well enjoy the outside a bit, so I did my 20 min and then headed to the gym for 30 min or so on the bike and 20 min on the elliptical.

Sunday: It was so fun to racewalk outside that I did it again today. Still limited to 20 min, but this week I get to RW 5x instead of every other day. I'll take the day off from RW on Tu & Th when I swim. I did 2 miles today, and yeah, it took about 21:32, so I was out there a little longer than 20 minutes, but I think that's really OK. 10:46/mile, and all of it very fun despite the cold (25 or 26, not too bad, but colder than the gym!) and windy, which of course made it feel quite a bit colder. Even a few snowflakes fell while I was out. Later in the day I worked out at the gym for 50 minutes; half on the video bike and half on elliptical.

It's almost been 6 months since I first injured my foot (August 24th). I hope I'm on my way back now, but we'll see. So far, so good. I am visiting the foot & ankle orthopedic guy on Thursday for another opinion; should be interesting. I'm ready to be back in the swing of things, though. 6 months is a long time!

No comments: