Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday tempo workout

Today I did a 10-30-10 (minutes) tempo workout: 10 warm-up, 30 tempo, 10 cool-down. Did 2 laps of Liberty Park for the tempo part, at 14:15 per lap (1.4 miles; 2.25 km). Not too bad, considering I could (and probably should) have pushed a little harder and done a 14:00 pace. However, I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning, so the fact that I got out there and did it at all was pretty darn good, I thought. Oh, and it was 16 degrees F this morning (-9C)! I could have gone to the gym, but it's so much more interesting to be outside, even if it's cold.

Yesterday: 15 min easy walk & weight training, and tomorrow will be the same.

***

Other stuff today: Loren took the car to get the safety inspection. $700 later, all is well. Sigh. I took the kids to the library, walking the 1 mile in the cold since the car was in the shop. It was a good walk except for the #$*&^ snowy sidewalks. I do realize it's hard for some people to shovel, but you know that some people are just too lazy to do it. Annoying, especially when pushing a stroller. Then this afternoon I dropped my cell phone and now the screen is blank :(. UGH! I am not able to upgrade for a year, so I am going to have to get another one. Just one of those days I guess.

No comments: