Tuesday, January 01, 2008

in Boulder City again

Workout: easy ~10K (my iPod said 10.2K; I'd guess it might have been a bit less) in 1:06 and change. Usually an easy 10K takes me 1:08 or 1:09, so that's why I think it wasn't quite 10K.

Scenery: gorgeous views of the mountains and Lake Mead were in abundance as I walked around Boulder City. Got a great view of the lake from Denver St, which had a ton of beautiful homes on it. I walked all around the historic district, which is full of homes built in the 1930s. Boulder City was founded to house the workers that built Hoover Dam. The homes in the historic district were originally tract housing, but have been modified since and are very charming as well as very expensive nowadays. It was quite interesting to see how they had been modified.

Today's plan: After enjoying a couple of mimosas and a nice big breakfast, we are kicking back watching football and the Rose Parade. Sometime around noon we'll undertake the ~6 hr drive back to Salt Lake. It will be nice to be home!

1 comment:

Racewalker55 said...

Happy New Year Tammy -- may all your races be great ones

Allan