Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back to normal, I think

Yesterday I did 5 laps of the HPER basement (1.5 miles) to warm up for my weight training class. All seemed pretty good, and I didn't have much stomach trouble the rest of the day either.

Today I had planned a Norwegian fartlek workout (thanks, Sarah), and cut it back a little because I haven't been training as hard this week. I did 2,4,6,5,3,1 minutes fast with 2 min recovery in between. It was a good hard workout, and seemed the right length. My ave pace was a 10:14 mile, according to my iPod, which is usually pretty accurate on the track. I was glad I didn't do the full thing (2,4,6,8,7,5,3,1) since 1) the time involved (got up a little late) and 2) I'm still recovering from the bug I got, whatever it was. I'm pleased that I was able to get out and do a hard workout, regardless.

I signed up for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon today, officially. Should have done it before Christmas and saved $10, but I guess I wasn't 100% sure I was going to do it. That will be my next race (April 19th), except for possibly a 5K before then.

No comments: