Saturday, January 26, 2008

First stitches

Well, it had to happen sometime. Calvin got his first set of stitches yesterday. He tripped at school and fell onto a dollhouse, cutting open his forehead quite nicely. I received a message at work that he had fallen but that all was under control and he was playing happily, so I finished my work normally and went to pick the kids up. Turns out the message got watered down in transmission through my co-worker, and while he was playing happily, the message on my cell phone (no reception in the microscopy core!) said he might need stitches. Took him home promptly, had Loren look at it, and he immediately pronounced that Calvin definitely needed stitches. Loren took him to the InstaCare near our house, and Calvin was apparently a model patient (I stayed home w/Michelle and made dinner). He now has 7 stitches in his forehead, and seems no worse for the wear.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Oh man - what a day you had on Friday! I am so sorry about Calvin's stitches. I hope he is feeling better. The way Sam's going, I'm surprised he hasn't needed any yet. Today he fell and bumped his head multiple times, once into the corner of his train table. I am just waiting for him to knock out a tooth. :-) Hugs -
Sarah