Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Holiday gain

Not my official WW weigh-in (that will be on Saturday), but just weighing on my home scale.

Could be worse. I'm up about 2.5 lb. At least I know how to get it back off. Besides, I wanted to take off a few for racing this summer... so while I'm at it, I'll lose a few more, I hope.

Amazingly, I did try to be somewhat careful in what I ate. I didn't succeed all of the time, but I know I ate a lot less than if I had thrown all caution to the wind. That's pretty scary. I wonder how much I could gain in 2 weeks if I wasn't trying to be careful???

I have to say that it still makes me nervous to put on weight. I get worried that I'm going back to my old ways and that I won't be able to take it off. However, a little nervousness will probably work in my favor.

I'm VERY VERY happy to be home where I can control what food is around much better. Whew. I love my parents, but their cooking consists of LARGE slabs of meat (very very large) that is not necessarily reasonable in terms of fat content. It also doesn't fill you up as much as mixing it in w/some carbs and/or veggies, and I'm a volume gal these days. Plus the typical holiday snacks were in abundance, and in contrast to previous years on WW, I didn't find the self control to resist. That is what makes me worry.

But now that I'm home, I think it will go better.

No comments: