Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday & Saturday workouts

Yesterday I woke up a little late, so I just did 1K racewalking to warm up for my weight training class, and then attended class.

Today I walked outside because the gym doesn't open until 7 am on Saturdays this semester (darn it!), and I had to be done by 7:15. I walked for 1:02 and change, and did about 9K. I had to take it VERY very easy because it was super icy outside. It snowed lightly all day yesterday and we didn't get much accumulation at all. However, the roads were wet and then froze overnight. I walked to Liberty Park hoping the sidewalks would be clear, and they were clear but were covered with a thin layer of ice, like everything else outside. Still, I was able to walk fast enough (barely) to keep my heart rate in the low 130s. Good enough.

No comments: