Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Big news!

I'm going to be on the TODAY show! That's right, on February 11th I'm going to be featured on the Joy Fit Club, whose members have lost at least 100 lbs. The segment runs during the 4th hour of the show.

I don't watch much TV, but back in September I was canning pears from our tree and watching the noon news. At 1 pm, the TODAY show came on, and I left the TV on for some background entertainment while I was canning, since the kids were napping. They featured a woman who had lost 100+ lbs, and announced that others who had lost weight should go to the web site and apply to be on the show. So I wrote a 100-word essay about losing the weight, submitted a few pictures, and promptly forgot all about it.

In November, they called me and had me FedEx some old clothes and before and after pictures to them. I sent them, and thought they were going to use my story then. But they didn't, and I figured maybe they weren't going to. Until today... when I got another phone call, and they said they had chosen me for the show to air on February 11th. I'm going to do an interview next week here in SLC, and then on February 10th they will fly me to New York for the show on the 11th! It's so exciting!

I'm hoping I'll get to say at least a little bit about racewalking :)!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is so exciting! I'll make sure to set my VCR! Congratulations - and yes, you must mention racewalking. You might inspire others to do the same with their lives that you did!

Sara Z. said...

that is AWESOME. Go, you!!

Jonathan said...

That's sooo stinkin' cool! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you'll be a fantastic inspiration to others. Unfortunately we don't get the Today show in Sweden, but maybe somebody can record your segment and post it on YouTube.

Lani

Hunca Munca said...

This is belated but...CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm excited and very happy for you.

Cindi said...

I just heard about this from Bonnie Stein. Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

If you want to write something up for WALK about the experience, let me know.