Monday, January 28, 2008

Discouraged

Tried 15 min on the recumbent bike this morning, and by the end, my knee hurt. It was OK to start, and even though I tried to push harder w/my other leg, it was not enough.

Then I went to weight training class. I did arms, chest, back, and calf raises (straight knee is fine - no pain). So far so good. Then we did abs, and did crunches on the ball. Big mistake. You use your legs to stabilize - did not realize how much until I tweaked my knee again.

It's not any better after walking 0.5 mile from the parking lot to where I work. I've been trying to sit, though with my job, that can be hard. I do need to be up and down a lot. However, sitting seems to make it worse in some ways. Regardless, it's feeling pretty awful right now and I sure as heck wish I had my heating pad (that helped a lot yesterday).

To top it off, we're getting a huge snowstorm right now that's going to make the evening commute a total nightmare.

Oh, and I think I lost my DNA pellet again. I'm making fragment for in vitro transcription and for some reason the DNA is not precipitating well. I probably need to do more PCR reactions so I have more to start with. It's not a good day.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

This too, shall pass.