Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday tempo time

It's was a Thursday tempo workout. Not a long one, since I'm just ramping up the training again, but I got it in. 8 laps (211m) warm up (11:30ish), 16 laps tempo (20:09) at 85% MHR, then 8 laps cool down (didn't check the time; probably about 12:30?). I usually hate these, but it wasn't too bad this morning. I felt really fast. 15 laps was 18:50 or so, which is a 9:25 mile for 2 miles. Pretty good, considering it wasn't all-out.

Bad news. Might have to curtail my summer traveling/racewalking due to financial issues. We are responsible with our money and very careful, but we need to save and plan ahead for some possible work issues that I can't go into in detail in this public forum. Sigh. Suffice it to say that I will be very disappointed if I can't go to the CRIM, but that might be what happens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw Tammy, that's too bad. I totally relate to having to budget accordingly though. Keep on training though and let the cards fall where they may in the future.

Unknown said...

Heehee, the above comment is exactly why I put "comment moderation" on my blog!