Friday, July 18, 2008

Very easy 8 miles

This morning my leg was feeling much better (still a bit stiff, but only a little sore), so I went on a planned 8 mile walk w/the Wasatch Walkers. Actually, we only went 6.2 together (10k) along the Deseret News 10K race course (the race is next Thursday morning, to celebrate Pioneer Day, an interesting Utah holiday - which is another post in itself). But then I had to walk home, which was another 1.8 or 1.9 miles or so. I had the kids with me - we drove to the start at Research Park, left our cars there, and I pushed the kids in the stroller. The other walkers had left a few cars at the finish at Liberty Park, so they drove back up, got my car, and drove it to my house for me so that I could do the distance with them. What a great club we have!

I did the 8 miles in 1:45:11; a little over 8 min/km or 13 something per mile - very very easy, even with the stroller. My heart rate was only 120 on average, and was only above 130 for 42 minutes of that time. It was just what the doctor ordered to loosen up my left quad, plus it was great to chat with the ladies, and the kids had a great time in the stroller (for the most part; they did spend 10-15 min fighting over a granola bar - I brought two, but they weren't very good at sharing).

2 comments:

Harriet said...

In 2001, I did the Desert News 10K in 44:xx (running, of course) :-)

I was in Park City for a math conference and sneaked away to get in this race. :-)

Sarah H said...

Sounds like a lovely morning!! :)