Saturday, July 12, 2008

Awesome!

 Yup, the racewalking clinic was awesome! This is me today on the track after doing our max heart rate test.

Since I don't have a coach, this weekend was huge for me in terms of knowing where I'm at for Spokane. Dave McGovern came to coach our walkers this weekend, and it was so helpful! I'll blog more about it tomorrow (along w/my workouts) because I'm really tired now from the weekend. However, in summary: 1) my technique is legal, 2) my technique is good with a few minor tweaks (arms higher, and straighten up a little), and 3) Dave thinks I should be able to walk just under 28 minutes for my 5K in a month in Spokane with a little more short speedwork (i.e. 100s, 200s) to increase my high end speed, and taking into account the altitude difference (4500 feet here; 1890 feet there). I'm not so sure I believe #3, but I'm going to work at it as if I do! Why not? There is nothing to lose!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great form shot ! It's good to know that you're "legal"
Was this your first Dave clinic?
Isn't he a great teacher?

Ive been to several of them and I never get bored. He's having an advanced class in October in Southern California, should be blast!

Btw...you children are adorable.