Monday, July 14, 2008

Challenging week

My husband is out of town all week (starting yesterday morning) on a business trip. Thankfully, this is pretty unusual; he's had 2 in 3 years. However, it does put a few kinks in the workout schedule. I got a sitter for Tu & Th nights this week so I can do hard workouts, but I'll have to do them in the evening, which I'm not used to. I couldn't go to my weight training class this morning (no child care), so I did one of my old standbys - "The Firm" video, which is a mix of aerobics and weight training. It was easier than I remembered :) but still a good workout. I figure it's good cross-training & strength training, plus they have a good abs workout on there (though that wasn't as hard as I remembered either). The plan is to go for an easy 30-40 minute racewalk tonight after dinner, pushing the stroller. I'll go to Liberty Park, and that way the kids can play a while so they won't protest too much about the walk. The down side is that it will be pretty hot, but hey, a little heat conditioning is probably not a bad thing. It could be hot in Spokane.

Oh, and I never did post my workouts from Friday & Saturday. Friday at the clinic Dave thought I needed to do more high-end speed workouts, so he had me do 8x400m with fast straights (sprinting) and recovery curves. Saturday I did an easy 7.4 miler with Team In Training (supposed to be 8 miles but I turned around at the wrong place!) and then 3x8 min hard w/2 min recovery at Dave's clinic for the max HR test. That was tough doing the 3x8 min hard after the easy 7.4 miler, but I got it done. After all that I took the day OFF yesterday! I needed it!

No comments: