Thursday, July 31, 2008

I love summer

 Summer used to be one of my least favorite seasons. Before I lost weight, I was always HOT HOT HOT and dreaded July & August. 105 lbs lighter, I LOVE SUMMER! I am constantly cold in the winter (definitely notice the lack of insulation!) and want for fresh produce. Ahhh, but summer... I love it now, even when it's hot. This has been the 5th hottest July on record here, and I don't mind one bit. Yes, I've had a few really hot track workouts, but strangely, it hasn't bothered me too much. For the most part, I work out early in the morning, so the heat isn't too bad, and I love being able to wear just shorts and a T-shirt for my workouts. No looking at the thermometer, seeing how freezing cold it is, and deciding to wear 3 layers and Gore-Tex gloves. Nope, just get up, throw on the shorts, and out the door. Oh, and the fresh fruit: berries, cantaloupe, peaches, and more!

In honor of summer, the kids and I went for a long walk together and got Crystal Light Slurpees at 7-11. No better way to celebrate the season :)!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: