Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Creative workout

This morning I wanted to do some more easy walking to loosen up my left quad (which is feeling better today). I decided to go early (before the kids were up) and take the baby monitor and walk around the block repeatedly, checking the monitor each time around to make sure everyone was quiet. I discovered that the loop I took from my street to the next via the alley and around this block and the adjacent block was exactly 0.5 miles (according to my iPod)! So, I planned to do 8 loops, or however many the kids allowed. I messed up on one loop and did an extra 0.1 mile (went up the wrong street), and Michelle started to cry after loop 6, so I got in 3.1 miles (5K!) easy this morning, in just under 33 minutes.

I would hate to be a single mom. It would be much more challenging to do this all the time. To exercise, I'd have to either get a treadmill, swap babysitting with someone else, pay a teenage babysitter, or something. I'm so fortunate to have a husband who is happy to tend the kids as long as I work out early enough :).

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Whenever Jonathan is out of town I always wonder how single moms do it.