Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crazy

I wonder if I'm crazy. Paige, a friend from church, offered to take the kids swimming this morning for a few hours, and so I gladly took her up on it (the pool was closed so they ended up going to the park instead). What would you do if you had 2 hrs to yourself as a mom? Go to a bookstore? A coffee shop? Shop for some clothes? Read a good book? No, I did not do any of these. I decided to deep clean my whole kitchen. I did talk on the phone with my mom as I worked, but other than that, all I did was clean and prepare the slow cooker for tonight's dinner. It felt good to do it, and now it's nap time and I'm going to rest too!

Oh, today's workout: brief racewalking warm-up, then total body weight training class. That was the last class for several weeks; I may go to the gym in between and do some lifting, or I may just do some extra walking. No plans for sure yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes cleaning is just what the doctor ordered. I love a clean house so much. It helps me relax and reduces stress. I need to go home tonight and do that. Good for you!