Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mon & Tues notes

Monday: 1.58 miles racewalking (about 2k) as warm-up for weight training. L quad feels pretty good.

Tuesday: After my warm-up and flexibility drills, I did 12x400 in 2:07-2:09, with about 1 min rest in between for most. I rested just long enough to get my heart rate below 120. The last several I rested longer to give my legs a break (about 2 min) even though my heart rate was below 120 before the legs felt ready to go. I was pretty tired on the last few but still managed 2:08-2:09. My left quad didn't bother me much at all - just a twinge or two during warm-up. My left hamstring was a bit tight and so were the L glutes; extra stretching felt good. Overall, I feel fast and ready to go for Thursday's Deseret News 10K race.

In other notes, work has been really insanely busy yesterday and today, plus I have a dentist appt today. Ugh! Got to go and get some serious slide photography done so I can do my immunohistochemistry experiment and my transfections, too.

No comments: