Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day before the race

I did a 1.56 mile warm-up this morning before my weight training class; 15:59 - pretty fast for taking it easy. I didn't feel that fast, but I guess I was. Hopefully I'll be nice and loose and fast like that tomorrow for the Deseret News 10K. I went to pick up my T-shirt and the ones for this year are SO much better than last year's ugly cotton ones (with a brown cowboy - ugh!). This year they are a gorgeous shade of blue and they are technical shirts - yeah! For $30 entry fee I expect a good shirt :).

Weights - I took it pretty easy; some step-ups with light weights (15 lb in each hand), bench press w/25 lb dumbbells in each hand, lat pull-downs 60 lb (often I do 70 lb), triceps push-down machine 30 lb, and I did some racewalking on the treadmill, FAST (race pace, 2 minute intervals) between sets, just for kicks. Also did lateral raises w/10 lb, some heel walking (always good for a racewalker) and in general avoided anything too strenuous. Except for the abs - I did some seriously tough ab exercises today and feel virtuous!

I think I'm ready. It's all downhill, so I'm hoping for 58-58:30, but that might be unrealistic. I will be happy if I racewalk a good race, how's that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck and favorable weather!