Saturday, July 26, 2008

Food management strategies

I have been having trouble with getting REALLY hungry about 4 pm, and even a 4 point snack is NOT doing the trick. I feel like I want to eat dinner then! Unfortunately, due to our family's schedule, that is not practical. So, I'm going to try having a larger snack with a little more fat to tide me over until dinner. Perhaps six points: nuts (a 4-point serving) with a piece of fruit and a Dannon Light yogurt. Then I'll need to eat a smaller dinner, which should be fine because I won't be so ravenous. Also, I need to limit my dessert portions. I think if I'm not so hungry going into dinner, that might work better than my current strategy. I'm going to try it for a week and see how it goes. Today I didn't need to be so careful with my points, because of my 8 mile walk this morning, but tomorrow I'll try this and see how it works.

No comments: