Monday, July 28, 2008

Race info; Sun & Mon

The timing issue from the Deseret News 10K has been acknowledged by the race, finally. We all had only our gun times posted on the official results page, and were very frustrated by it. Here's an e-mail from the timing folks:

Thanks for the email. The times that are currently posted are gun times. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when (or if) we will be able to post the chip times. There was a glitch with the reader at the start line. We have sent the files off to the timing box manufacturer for them to work on. We're hoping they can extract the data that we need but I think it is going to be a long shot. I apologize for this inconvenience and if we do get that data back from them, we will notify you and upload it immediately. Thanks again for running the Deseret News 10K.
Kurt Black
Stride Racing

OK, that makes me feel better somehow. I wondered why we wore timing chips if they were just going to use gun time! I do hope they are able to extract the data.

Sunday: Easy 6K around SugarHouse Park.

Monday: Easy 30 min warm-up racewalking, then 50 min of total body weight training. I am ready for a fast track workout now, I think - I feel rested from the race and from Saturday's 8 miler. Will do one tomorrow night. It's going to be hot, so that will not be fun, but at least it will be a good workout anyway.

No comments: