Tuesday, July 01, 2008

HOT workout


Yup, July is here with a vengeance. I'm glad it's finally summer, but tonight's workout was a tad on the hot side. It was 95 degrees (35C)at the start of our workout. The TNT (Team in Training) workout was 4 laps warm-up, then 3 x 1600m at 10k pace with 3 min rest, and then 4 laps cool-down. I did the warm-up in 10:35 or so, and felt pretty good. The first 1600m I did in 9:27 (goal was 9:25) and I was DYING at the end. Hmmm, probably should not have pushed so hard in the heat. The 2nd 1600m was in 9:51, and my heart rate was very high the whole time. I thought I'd slow down a bit for the 3rd, and did it in 10:08. Wow, that was slow, but it was hot. Nasty. I was surprised at how much of a toll the heat took, since my last hot Tuesday workout (2 weeks ago) went pretty well. In any case, my heart rate was nice & high, so I felt like I got a great training workout in even if I was slow.

The pictures here were taken after the workout, to show my Team in Training supporters how hard I'm working for the marathon in October! If you are interested in contributing to the cause, it's not too late. Here's my fundraising page.

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

whew whew. Look at you. I have some serious catching up to do on your blog. Fun vacation pictures. I'm off to explore.